Jan 2 2012
Every year it is tradition to write a list of “resolutions”, which we end up giving up on usually within the first three weeks of the year.
This year, instead of resolutions I am writing goals. The difference, is that goals are written, obtainable, and measurable. Subtle difference, I know.
Anyway, so for the year 2012 here are my goals.
Living for God
My first and most important goal is to live for God this year by doing several things.
Read through the Bible
- Pick a daily reading plan and stick with it, read a small part every single day
- Read through the book “The Resolution for Men” by Jan 31st
- Buy “The Resolution” poster
- Get 2 people I respect to sign the resolution with me as witnesses, to keep me accountable.
- Put the resolution in a place where I will see it and be reminded of it every day
- Spend time in prayer every day
- Pray for family and people I know who need prayer
- Do family devotionals at least once a week
Get involved with the Jr. High group at church
Read 6 books to help improve my walk
Get out of debt
- Do not use credit cards or Line of Credit
- Pay off 3 smaller credit cards, medical bills, and the second car
Go out with Danae
- Go for a walk somewhere once a week
- Go on a date once a month
- Lose 5 pounds per month
- Drink a lot of water every day
- No soda except special occasions
- Exercise 3 times a week
- Start having family dinner, no TV, music, phones, etc. Just family
- Write one thing for ETM each week (Article, Monthly email, get podcast ready)
- Finish writing my book – 3 chapters per week
- Go on one photo walk each month
- Take one photo per month worthy of putting on my website, and put it there.
Wow that is a lot of stuff… I hope I can do it, with God’s help of course.
And I am geeky enough that yes, I have already created a spreadsheet to track all of this.